As a convenience to members, OMS offers a small number of book titles for sale at most meetings and Mycology Camp, and at our Fall Show. We do not sell books on line.
- D. Arora, All That the Rain Promises (Ten Speed Press 1991). A hip-pocket field guide to western mushrooms. Recommended for beginners.
- D. Arora, Mushrooms Demystified (Ten Speed Press 2d ed. 1986). The classic 950-page reference. Covers all of North America.
- N. Siegel & C. Schwarz, Mushrooms of the Redwood Coast (Ten Speed Press 2016). A 660-page reference guide, with many large color photos. Despite its name it has very good coverage of Oregon mushrooms, especially in western Oregon. It has more photos of Oregon mushrooms than any other guidebook (as of 2016).
We deliberately limit the titles we stock because we’re an all volunteer organization with limited resources. You may wish to consider the following titles, which we do not stock:
- S. Trudell & J. Ammirati, Mushrooms of the Pacific Northwest (Timber Press 2009). 349 page paperback, with over 500 color photos and 450 species descriptions.
- D. Miller, Pictorial Key to Mushrooms of the Pacific Northwest. (Version 2.3.000, 2019). A free guide to over 1,500 Pacific Northwest species. Available as both an online version and smartphone app. See here.
- I. Gibson, Matchmaker: Mushrooms of the Pacific Northwest. (Version 2.3.0, 2019). A free downloadable program including photos and detailed descriptions of thousands of Pacific Northwest species and a synoptic key.. Downloadable here.